Saturday, October 8, 2011

SCAMMED???????????

Okay, this one is a doosey!!

Now you all know, I am from Orange County, hence the title of my blog.  I am constantly driving back and forth all over God's green earth for auditions, classes, filming, etc. Not that I'm complaining..I love my time to prepare and just be with myself and my music.

So today, I get up at the crack of dawn (a Saturday mind you, a day when most of the world sleeps in) to go all the way to Burbank to an on camera acting class that I've been waiting for foreverrrrrr.

DISAPPOINTMENT 1:

I was supposed to attend this 6 week course with a well known director back in August and he got called to do a last minute job so they postponed the class until today.  Thank goodness I'm on top of things and am constantly checking my emails and texts because they emailed me at around 10pm at night telling me the class had been postponed. UGH!  Thank goodness I didn't drive all the way there to find out there was no class, wasting gas and putting miles on my LEASED car..(you know they only give you so many miles). I mean really, don't you think he knew more than 12 hours before, that he had a job to do on Saturdays. I know casting directors and agents call me sometimes for last minute auditions but that is usually only 1 day.  Normally if I'm going to do a show the Casting Director usually says were are going to be filming on so and so day..at least a month in advance.  But whatever, it is what it is and I waited patiently for the class to begin today.

DISAPPOINTMENT 2:

I go to bed early last night because I have to get up at the crack of dawn, foregoing partying with the girls. (Still a tad sick, but nothing keeps me from my acting..cough cough, sniffle, sniffle) I am soooo excited, this coach is supposed to be really great!!  So this morning I left a little late (so unsual for me..lol) and I was scared to death I was going to be late to class.  Yay, freeway is great (of course, it's a Saturday, duh)  and then all of sudden STOP.  Ugh!  They were working on the freeway..omg!! I just knew I was going to be late.  BIG SAD FACE!  Well, yay, it cleared up and I was speeding all the way there...my car kept saying, "Limit, limit".. and I just said..I knoooowwww.  Well, praise the Lord you will never believe it..I made it 10 minutes early...whoo hoo.  So I get my things together and go to the studio....................

The doors were locked,  (GASP!)mail had been thrown in through the mail slot for days, no chairs, just some random stuff on the floors and walls. Okay now I'm the type of person who gives people the benefit of the doubt and lo and behold, I get an email from the same company talking about another upcoming coach.  Sooooooo, thank you Steve Jobs, (R.I.P.) for making the IPAD 2, I emailed right back!  No answer. But I knew that was coming.

DISAPPOINTMENT 3:

 I had the phone number of the studio since I had taken classes there before, so I thought, well, I'll just call...............................................................

The number had been disconnected..  Are you flippin kiddin ?????????????????????????????

No class and out of a lot of money..........

Soooooo what did I do?????????

I went shopping! :-)

What's a girl to do??????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment